Hello there! 👋
Welcome to the 96th edition of Software Testing Notes, a weekly newsletter featuring must-read content on Software Testing. I hope this week has been good for you so far.
Due to some urgent personal commitments, I wasn’t able to curate new links this week. So, I’m presenting you with most popular links that I have curated so far in 2023.
We have total of 62 articles across various categories that were loved by the community. So, I invite you to take a look back at the past six months and enjoy this most popular links on 2023 so far.
📚 Thoughts on Testing
- Writing The Perfect Tests for your Application by Neciu Dan
- Key Differences Between Top-Down and Bottom-Up Integration Testing by Ritika
- Exploratory Testing Principles 1.0 by Sergio Freire
- Is "Agile" just smoke and mirrors? by Michael Küsters
- It is never too late to reassess how you define quality by Mike Harris
- Exploring, Bug Chaining and Causal Models by Jeff Nyman
- Revolutionizing Test Engineering with ChatGPT: Exploring the Possibilities of AI in Testing by Slawomir Radzyminski
- Keeping tests valuable: Are the code coverage metrics reliable? by Rafael M.
- Mastering T-Shaped Skills: A Comprehensive Guide for Software Engineers in Test by Slawomir Radzyminski
- Testing an application you're unfamiliar with - where to begin? by Mirza Sisic
- Common Software Errors – Checklist by Rahul Parwal
- Testing GPT-Based Apps by Jason Arbon
- Learning from Little Bugs by Michael Bolton
- Master the Art of Writing Effective Test Cases by Muhammad Haris
- Why is BDD confused with testing? by Dennis de Booij
- Ultimate UI Testing Checklist by Rahul Parwal
- How Testers can add value in an Agile Team by Bart Vanherck
- Preparing for a Technical QA Engineer Job Interview by Lewis Prescott
- Useful books on testing, automation and engineering by Oleksandr Romanov
- 51 Stories To Learn About Bugs
- Become a QA Superstar: 5 Habits That Will Take Your Skills to the Next Level by Elvira Riianova
- OG Testers Mental Tricks: Heuristics, Biases and Autosuggestion by Vincent Ferreira
- Testers should adopt the pirate mindset by Bart Vanherck
- Introduction to Shift Left Testing by Anshita Bhasin
- My five favorite testing questions by Joep Schuurkes
- All you need to know about Fuzzing / Fuzz Testing? by Karlos G. Ray
- A Picture is Worth a Thousand Bugs: How Visual Testing Can Improve Software Quality by Neil Matillano
- Tester Imposter Syndrome by Callum Akehurst-Ryan
- How can you improve the testability of your product? by Mike Harris
- Testers are Gate-Crashers by James Thomas
- Dear ISTQB. Please update your syllabi. It is 2023 already. by Daniel Delimata
- Efficient Visual Layout Testing with Chrome DevTools by Natalia Demianenko
- Testing vs Checking – Why is this still so contentious? by Ben Britton
- The Spectrum of AI Testing: Case Study by Jeff Nyman
- Don’t Overthink Test Cases by Jesper Ottosen
- Shift-Left Testing: Catching Defects Early by Denis Peganov
⚙️ Automation, 💨 Performance, 🛡️ Security, 🌞 Accessibility and more…
- Getting Started With Property-Based Testing in Python With Hypothesis and Pytest by Rodrigo Girão Serrão and Dan Ackerson
- Why Test Automation Projects Fail (and How We Might Succeed) by Michael Bolton
- Test Creation Only Account for ~10% of Web Test Automation Efforts by Zhimin Zhan
- How to create integration tests for an API server with 90% Code Coverage in 1 hour without writing any code by Zvonimir Sabljic
- Two Simple Reasons that ChatGPT (AI) Won’t Work in End-to-End Test Automation by Zhimin Zhan
- 7 Test Automation Mistakes and Solutions with Examples by Elvira Riianova
- 10 changes that improved our tests by Tom Perry
- When you should not automate your tests by Oscar Cepeda
- Full Code Coverage For Free byGleb Bahmutov
- 7 most used util and helper methods in test automation project by Millan Kaul
- How to create E2E tests in Node.js with no frameworks - step by step! by Erick Wendel
- Why duplication is more acceptable in tests by Jason Swett
- Maestro – The New Kid On The Mobile Automation Block by Daniel Knott
- The Zen of Page Objects: Find Inner Peace and Clean Code by Yana Lunts
- How to mock HTTP APIs with MockServer
- Proactively detect and fix flaky tests in your test suite by Chun Fei ⭕️ Lung
- Enhancing Test Reliability: Exploring Playwright's Retry APIs for Robust Testing by Luc Gagan
- Where Does Trace-Based Testing Fit in the Testing Pyramid? by Ken Hamric
- Top 17 Automated Testing Best Practices (Supported By Data) by Nikolay Advolodkin
- How to prepare realistic test data via OpenAI API in Postman by Natalia Demianenko
- Debugging Playwright Tests by Mustafa Mašetić
- 5 Common Mistakes in Performance Testing by Shailesh Gohel
- A Practical Approach to Automated Accessibility by Mark Steadman
TestDevTools is a curated collection of the best tools on the internet to supercharge your testing. Whether you're looking for a new Automation tool, framework alternatives, a new way to manage test data, a way to learn development or testing... We got you covered.
📝 List of Software Testers
It's hard to find good articles, podcasts on Software Testing. Even hard to find people who create them. Are you also looking for amazing software testers to follow or read their content? check out this page dedicated to software testers.
Do you also create content around Software Testing? Submit yours here and I will add it to the list.
📨 Send Me Your Articles, Tutorials, Tools!
Thanks to everyone for subscribing and reading!